Wednesday, May 16, 2012

U.S. Tourism Policies Need to Change

One of my most recent articles for Wealth Wire discusses how vital the U.S. Tourism industry is for our economy. With about 1% (or $153 billion) of the United States' GDP, tourism has the potential to be stronger and have a larger impact toward our economy. Why not open our doors a little more and lighten up the TSA's restrictive, invasive, and expensive services a bit to allow more people to see how amazing America is.
I've been known to bash America on many various reasons, but since moving back to the U.S. in 2010, I have come to learn that there is a lot more to this diversely vast nation than I had seen before living abroad. I've come to appreciate what the country has to offer, and with more and more citizens renouncing their citizenship to dodge higher corporate taxes, I say welcome to those who want to come to America. Great people like my friends from Thailand, Sri Lanka, Nepal, South Africa, and many more! These foreign nations have wanted a chance to visit and live in America, to get a taste of what it's like to live within one of the best countries in the world, but yet they continue to get rejected or pushed aside by our country's strict and outrageous visa laws. We need to fix this. Eventually our button-up, "us and only us" mentality is going to destroy this nation.
And with a struggling economy looking for the light at the end of the tunnel, our tourism can be where we recover. Opening our borders to tourists is in fact one of our greatest assets. Read my article titled "U.S. Tourism is America's Greatest Export Asset" and let me know your thoughts.

No comments: